- 312 excess chemicals have been shared through a collaborative program built by Environmental Health and Safety and LabRATS
- UCSB exceeds the UC requirement of using a minimum of 30% recycled content in all office copy paper, with 35% of all paper purchases in FY 2015/16 being over 70% recycled, Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Mix certified, or FSC Recycled certified.
- Over 50% of all applicable electronic purchases on campus meet the Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT) Gold registration level, certifying that these products meet the highest environmental criteria for electronics across their complete product lifecycle from design to recycling.
- Green certified products (FSC, Green Seal, UL ECOLOGO, and U.S. EPA Safer Choice) accounted for 64% ($391,855.81 of the total $614,804.50) of all janitorial cleaning products in fiscal year 2015/16.
- In 2016, Procurement collaborated with Facilities Management and Residential Services to develop a module within the Pest Management RFP that ensures sustainable bee capturing in lieu of extermination.