The 1st Annual South Coast Sustainability Summit (since renamed the Central Coast Sustainability Summit) took place in October 2011. Due to the extensive partnerships formed through this event, it won the Best Practice Award in Sustainable Innovations from the University of California, Office of the President in June 2012 at the annual California Higher Education Sustainability Conference. This award is only given to one UC campus a year.
The founding partners for the 2011 summit included: The Cities of Carpinteria, Goleta, and Santa Barbara, the County of Santa Barbara, the Community Environmental Council, and UCSB.
We would also like to thank the sponsors of the 2011 Summit, Marborg, the South Coast Energy Efficiency Partnership, and UCSB Administrative Services.
Please see the resources that were shared at the conference below:
- Zero Net Energy Video
- Energy: Visualization Project
- Energy: Economics for Photovoltaic Solar Systems
- Energy: Ozone Generation at the Santa Barbara County Jail Laundry
- Fleet Sharing Video
- Transportation: Creating a Greener Fleet
- Transportation: Dynamic Rideshare Systems
- Transportation: Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- Transportation: Employee Rideshare Programs
- Waste: Associated Students Composting Programs
- Waste: City of Santa Barbara Food Scraps Recovery Program
- Waste: Housing Composting Programs
- Waste: How to Organize a Zero Waste Event
- Waste: Tajiguas Resource Recovery Park Project
- Waste: Recycling Programs at City of Goleta
- Waste: Strategic Planning for Zero Waste