UC Santa Barbara reports on sustainability performance in various reporting systems in order to track campus sustainability progress and assess areas for improvement.
UC Annual Report on Sustainable Practices
UC Santa Barbara annually assesses its progress on the goals outlined in the UC Policy on Sustainable Practices. The data collected is published in the Annual Report on Sustainable Practices along with data from other UC campuses. UC Santa Barbara's on UC sustainability goals can be found here.
Annual Director's Letter on Sustainability
In addition to the annual report on the UC Policy on Sustainable Practices, UCSB will send out an annual Director's letter celebrating our most significant accomplishments of the past year, providing a state of the department update, and bringing light to some of our areas of work that go above and beyond the scope of the UC Policy on Sustainable Practices. 2022 will be our first year using this format, so check back in towards the end of January 2023 for the inaugural letter. Prior to the 2021-2022 school year and our new format, we also completed internal campus annual reports. The archive of those can be found here.
Sustainability Assessment, Tracking and Rating Systems (STARS)
UC Santa Barbara maintains a certified report in STARS, by the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE). STARS is a comprehensive sustainability rating system for colleges and universities that addresses environmental, social and economic dimensions of sustainability.
The Climate Registry
UC Santa Barbara reports its official Scope I and II emissions to the nonprofit The Climate Registry (TCR), a nonprofit emissions registry for North America. These emissions follow TCR's General Reporting Protocol, are third-party verified, and are reported publically on TCR's website.
Other Plans and Reports
- Archived Annual Sustainability Reports
- The Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System (STARS) Report
- Achieving Carbon Neutrality at UCSB by 2025: A Critical Analysis of Technological and Financial Strategies
- Long Range Development Plan
- Strategic Academic Plan 07-25
- Best Practices Subcommittee on facilitating small growers’ ability to do business with UC – Final Report
- 2013 Annual Sustainability Food Report
- 2013 CARB Annual SF6 Report
- 2014 ACUPCC Progress Report
- 2012 ACUPCC GHG Report
- 2013 Annual Report On Renewable Energy Capacity
- UCSB Sustainability Brochure
- 2010/2011 & 2011/2012 UCSB Annual Sustainability Report
- 2012 AASHE’s Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System (STARS) “Gold” Report
- 2012 Annual Report On Renewable Energy Capacity UCSB
- 2012 Residential Dining Services Sustainable Food
- 2012 UCSB UCen Sustainable Food Report
- 2012 UCSB Fuel Consumption
- Sustainability Survey Report
- Transportation Survey Report
- Energy and utility report